OK – so snow was forecast for Saturday, but I sure didn’t request snow on the weekend. Actually, I had plans to do some yard cleanup – but now the mess is all buried and will have to wait for next weekend.
This year 90% (approximately)of the mess is going to be in one area. Due to the amount of snow we had and Chester’s advancing age, he didn’t plow through the snow himself and only went where I shoveled. Anyway – I’ll get it next week or maybe the week after that. One thing I know is that it won’t go away until I make it go away.
If it wasn’t for the fact that the temperature is not expected to get above freezing for the next 3-4 days, the new snow would probably be gone by tomorrow or maybe even today. But it will likely be sticking around until it warms up again just before next weekend. Right now it is -5C with an expected high of -3C today.
For months now – and maybe even longer – I have complained about the wireless router I have for the computers. Unless I reset it almost every day, I don’t have enough speed to keep the Africam cameras going. Resetting it means reloading all the windows I have open (which is a good number), so I’ve been talking about getting a new router. I finally picked one up when I was running my Friday errands. I set it up Saturday morning and it is behaving itself so far. I had a couple of glitches and questions while setting it up, so I used the online chat for the router company (DLink). They answered my questions and got me on my way quickly. As of this morning, the speed is still excellent.
I have had the old router for several years (at least 6 and probably more), so it has done its share of work to keep us online. It did have some problems right from the start, but the speed problem only started within the last year or 2.
Oh – if you ready yesterday’s post early and didn’t catch the update, I found out that the mystery pair of birds are Merlins.